OJHL Support Staff
Position: Director of Player Recruitment – Contract / Full Time
Reports To: OJHL Commissioner
Location: Remote Office
The OJHL is the largest Junior A hockey league in Canada and is one of nine members of the CJHL.
The Director of Player Recruitment will be responsible for the development and implementation of the OJHL Player Recruitment Program.
The position will develop the OJHL strategy and processes for messaging for elite players looking to play Junior A hockey.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and implement a league wide OJHL Player Recruitment Strategy
• Develop and implement a comprehensive communication and messaging plan to support the OJHL Player Recruitment Strategy
• Develop and deliver OJHL Player Recruitment presentations to players, parents, and other stakeholders on the advantages of playing in the OJHL at various internal and external events
• Ensure recruitment information provided to prospects, parents and other stakeholders is factual and accurate
• Produce all promotional and collateral materials (ie. banners, brochures, etc) to support the OJHL Player Recruitment Strategy
• Develop and oversee all OJHL Player Recruitment Strategy social and digital media content
• Well organized, able to handle several tasks at the same time
• Extremely strong attention to detail and willingness to complete assignments/projects using very high standards
• Flexible working hours- may need to be made available on evenings and weekends
• Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
• Able to establish priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Qualifications and Experience
• 3-5 years experience within Junior or higher level of hockey in Canada or the US
• Previous work experience in the team and league environment
• Strong hockey knowledge, and understanding of the OJHL and CJHL, minor and junior hockey in Canada and the US
• A Degree in Sports Management, Marketing or Business would be considered an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and salary expectations by Friday, September 15, 2023 by 9:00 am (EST) to:
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only qualified candidates will be called for an interview