OJHL "First Assist" Life Skills and Mental Wellness Program
This program is supported by the Legacy Foundation of Canada and is a comprehensive seminar with the goal of providing players with information about mental health and to help them take that information and apply it to their own lives and continue to do so in order to maintain good mental health.
- Support our players with resources on a team by team and player by player basis
- Support parents and billets with resources on awareness.
- Focused on mental wellness, positive youth development, resilience building
- Utilizing discussion based learning and skill development needed to improve mental well being and bounce back in times of distress
- Gaining an understanding related to concerns commonly faced by youth and issues specifically linked to hockey
- The connection between physical and mental health
- This program is available in both in-person and on-line sessions
Life Skill Development Support
- Life Skill Program Materials – booklet, handouts
- Follow up process
- Safe Talk
- 24 hour help line
- Counselling Services
- Program Poster, Website, App Development, Player Cards
To donate click on the logo below!